Saturday, August 07, 2004

Excuses Excuses

I am feeling guilty about being a yarn snob, after all i am a broke teenager with little budget for anything, i do have an excuse i knit with acrylic, on ocasion but afterwards mt hands hurt so badly i very rarley do this and indeed i do not need carpal tunnel syndrome by the time i am 20, so i stick to natural fibers or blends, but i really do prefer natural fibers!
lets see in other knitting news i started a shawl in some yellow plant dyed yarn, (Amy if you are reading this i swear upon pain of death i will get that yarn sent out ok, i am so sorry for the wait lots of other stuff has been going on! ) it should be finished in a few days! My dad is officially on the road he should be here in the next few days. We are going to go to neumorus yarn shops in washington, also in other news i joined the flower power crochet along and that pattern and yarn shall be purchased on the expeditions as well as some mission falls for yarn harlots ( http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/) lovley poncho as well. I also hope to find a sutible drop spindle and some roving as well as some sock yarn, i may even be able to post pics, fancy that!! what else lets see, i slammed my head on the computer ( not on purpose mind you) it still hurts to raise my eyebrows and show emotion, as well as i cannot bend over as that hurts as well, if it still hurts like this tomorrowoff to the doctor i shall go! this lovlet grey weather is rather depressing, in other mews i found a place that still has charlottes web kits, http://eweknitkits.com/ i know they have excellent service having ordered from them, no offilation just a satisfied customer. If anyone would like to out of the kindness of thier heart would like to buy me one, i like the purple colorway! ;) just kidding you dont have to buy me anything but i would like it very much! see you guys later and have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy says Thanks for the sweet comment! I am so glad you are going to learn to spin on a handspindle...you will love it. I still don't know how to figure out my yardage/mileage....I just spin and then measure....
Have FUN with yoour Dad ;)
xoxoxox
Greta

August 7, 2004 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger FaerieLady said...

Well, if natural fibers make your hands feel better, don't feel guilty for being a yarn snob! I rarely knit with acrylics myself, but that's because they irritate my extremely sensitive skin. Do you know any CT exercises? If you think you might get carpal tunnel there's a bunch of exercises you can do, including knitting for 10 minutes then rotating your wrists/elbows/shoulders for 10-15 rotations to relax the muscles.

August 15, 2004 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home